PDA

View Full Version : Nascar 2011

NJDEVIL30274
Jan. 17th, '11, 8:40 pm
Looks very promising for a console racer.

http://nascarthegame.com/

YouTube - NASCAR The Game 2011 - A Lap of Infineon by Richard Towler

YouTube - NASCAR The Game 2011 - A few laps of Phoenix at Dusk by Richard Towler

jujimum
Jan. 17th, '11, 8:51 pm
These games are usually a bit out of my league because I don't understand the tuning and stuff like that...and honestly, I don't want to learn it :p

The last NASCAR game I played was an EA game and it was absolutely HORRIBLE!!!! Not only could we not get a full race in, cars were laggy and jumping all over the screen. Mind you, it was a few years ago.

But the below is definitely appealing:
Players have complete design freedom to customize their car’s paint color, decals, number and sponsor logos.

I just wonder if there will be helpers like Forza has. I love racing and hitting the turns just right, but don't get into the tuning. Therefore, it needs to be realistic, but not so sim it turns me off.

Obviously that's a personal preference. Forza always had some tuning calculators you could use to crunch numbers. I'd do those and then tweak them a tad. I didn't necessarily know what or why I was tweaking, but it worked. I was usually one of the better racers in the group I raced with. But I used all the helpers I could :rofl:

NJDEVIL30274
Jan. 17th, '11, 8:53 pm
These games are usually a bit out of my league because I don't understand the tuning and stuff like that...and honestly, I don't want to learn it :p

The last NASCAR game I played was an EA game and it was absolutely HORRIBLE!!!! Not only could we not get a full race in, cars were laggy and jumping all over the screen. Mind you, it was a few years ago.

But the below is definitely appealing:

I just wonder if there will be helpers like Forza has. I love racing and hitting the turns just right, but don't get into the tuning. Therefore, it needs to be realistic, but not so sim it turns me off.

Obviously that's a personal preference. Forza always had some tuning calculators you could use to crunch numbers. I'd do those and then tweak them a tad. I didn't necessarily know what or why I was tweaking, but it worked. I was usually one of the better racers in the group I raced with. But I used all the helpers I could :rofl:

Check this out Juji. YouTube - NASCAR 2011 The Game First Look & Gunnar Glasses

go to the 11 min mark or so and watch a bit. Pretty good insight.

or the 16 min mark more specifically for this game.